The Robert Fitzroy Academy is a primary school in Croydon situated in the heart of the local community. Our fundamental belief is that the whole child is the whole point.
It is our goal to create a school where children can achieve academically but also flourish as citizens of the world.
Please note we are unable to accept cv’s. The REACh2 application must be completed.
01. Breakfast and After School Club Assistant
Job start: Start immediatelyWho are we?
Location: The Robert Fitzroy Academy, Croydon
Contract term: Fixed term for one year with the possibility to extend
Closing date: 30th April 2021
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept CV’s. A full application pack can be downloaded using the link below.
The Robert Fitzroy Academy is a school with high expectations. Our fundamental belief is that the whole child is the whole point. It is our goal to create a school where children can achieve academically but also flourish as citizens of the world.What we are looking for?
Our wrap around care provision is extremely popular with a long waiting list. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, committed and inspiring Breakfast and after school club assistant to join our hardworking, dedicated happy team of staff and children.
We are looking for individuals who can enhance our provision and who are committed to making the school experience engaging, enjoyable and meaningful for primary age children. The successful applicant will provide support in all aspects of running the club, working as part of a team to meet the needs and interests of the children in the club’s care.
In particular, successful candidates should have:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- NVQ Level 2 in playwork/ childcare or equivalent qualification or experience
- A current food hygiene and first aid certificate or willingness to undertake the relevant training
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- An understanding of children with health care needs
- Knowledge of child safeguarding procedures
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to build effective relationships with students, parents and other staff
- The ability to relate in a firm and friendly way with a wide range of personalities
- The ability to use initiative
- Be willing to undertake direction and guidance
- Have a good understanding of behaviour management strategies
- Be able to work as part of a team
Breakfast Club- 7.00am – 9.00am Monday to Friday
After school club Club- 2.30pm – 6.30pm Monday to Friday
Salary: NJC Outer London SP 2 – 3. £20466 - £20835. This is the full time salary for a member of staff working 52 weeks per year, the salary will be pro rata for the number of hours/weeks worked.
Breakfast club position: 10 hours per week approximately £5037.00 per annum
After School Club Position: 20 hours per week approximately £10074.00 per annum
Closing date: 30th April 2021
Please return completed applications to following address:
The Robert Fitzroy Academy
80 Brampton Road
Or email to: email@example.com
Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
The Robert Fitzroy Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other employment checks. Applicants who have lived/travelled abroad for more than 6 months within the last 10 years will also need to obtain a criminal records check from the relevant country.
- Our School
- News & Events
- Key Information
- Parent Zone
- Contact Us